New Race Control To Be Added On Frontstretch
Capital improvements continue in full swing at Watkins Glen International with the addition of a brand-new race control structure located at the top of the new FrontStretch Grandstand, which was built in 2005.
Watkins Glen International president Craig Rust announced today that the foundation has already been poured in preparation for the track's new addition and that the project is expected to be completed early this spring.
"We have made tremendous upgrades over the past three years," stated Rust. "This project is just another example of our commitment to continue to improve The Glen for everyone."
The new structure will include race control, timing and scoring, television and P.A. Announcer's locations. The new race control will also allow The Glen to free-up space in the WGI media center, on both the second and third floors, adding additional space for deadline media and photographers
"Last year we completed the second largest renovation project in the history of the track," continued Rust. "We are thrilled to be able to continue to build on those improvements." When asked what was next on the track's capital improvement agenda, Rust replied, "You'll just have to wait and see¿"
Tickets for the 2006 race season at The Glen are on-sale now. Fans can order the best seats in the house at an advance price and save, until TOYOTA Opening Day, April 30th. For tickets and additional information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE, log on TheGlen.com, buy online at www.racetickets.com or stop by The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen.
- Doug Allen to perform anthems during INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Chris Cornett promoted to Vice President of Facilities and Operations at Watkins Glen International
- INDYCAR, Watkins Glen International announce multi-year extension
- Watkins Glen International announces 2017 dates for Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen, Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International announces second consecutive reserved grandstand sell-out of Cheez-It™ 355