The Corning Museum of Glass Continues Sponsorship
The Corning Museum of Glass, one of the largest attractions in upstate New York, will return as the supporting sponsor of the Finger Lakes Wine Festival until 2009. The three year agreement extends a very successful partnership that began in 2001.
2006 marked the tenth year that the track has hosted this prestigious wine festival. Guests sampled wine from 78 wineries, visited 220 vendors and took advantage of pace car rides around the historic 2.45 mile road course used by the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup series. They also enjoyed watching glassmakers create works of art at the museum's Hot Glass Roadshow. The same Roadshow visited Indianapolis during the weeks leading up to the Indy 500 in 2006.
- World Champion Maine-Endwell Little League baseball team named Grand Marshals for INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Doug Allen to perform anthems during INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Chris Cornett promoted to Vice President of Facilities and Operations at Watkins Glen International
- INDYCAR, Watkins Glen International announce multi-year extension
- Watkins Glen International announces 2017 dates for Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen, Finger Lakes Wine Festival