Twin 100's Add to Grand Prix Weekend
The Indy Racing League Indy Pro Series¿ to run twice during the July 6-8 weekend
Race fans will be treated to more racing action during the Watkins Glen Grand Prix weekend, July 6-8 in 2007. The young drivers of the Indy Pro Series will challenge the 3.4-mile Grand Prix course at The Soul of American Road Racing not once, but twice during the event weekend.
The series is considered the stepping stone for young drivers to develop in open-wheel racing to be able to compete in the premier IndyCar® Series. The addition of the second race at The Glen will give race fans two opportunities to see the talented up and coming stars of the Indy Pro Series, and will give the drivers more track time on the challenging road-course. The green flag will drop on the first race on Saturday, July 7 and will mark the sixth anniversary of the series' debut. The field will then invert for a second race prior to the Watkins Glen Grand Prix on Sunday, July 8. Recent graduates of the Indy Pro Series include 2006 Indianapolis 500 runner-up Marco Andretti and 2005 Corning 100 winner Jeff Simmons.
Tickets for the entire 2007 season go on sale December 2 - just in time for the holidays. This includes the 26th running of the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen, June 8-10, the Watkins Glen Grand Prix, July 6-8, and the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series at The Glen, August 9-12. For more information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- New York State Legislature recognizes Watkins Glen International in Albany
- WGI repave earns National Asphalt Pavement Association ‘Quality in Construction’ Award
- Race weekend schedule announced for NASCAR at Watkins Glen International, August 3-6
- Watkins Glen International set to hold job fair ahead of 2017 season
- Four companion series to join Verizon IndyCar Series at Watkins Glen International, August 31-September 3