Read for Speed to Expand in 2007
The Read for Speed program will make its return to Watkins Glen Elementary, located in Watkins Glen, NY, for the third year in a row and will also expand to include the first grade classes at Fassett Elementary, located in Elmira NY, in 2007. Watkins Glen International is working closely with each school to better motivate students to experience the joys of reading. The highly successful reading program offers exclusive track access and once in a life time opportunities at the track as rewards for reading comprehension. The program will run February 26th until May 25th.
This will be the first year that the Read for Speed program will run outside of Watkins Glen Elementary. A scaled down and unofficial version of the reading program was run with some of the first grade classes at Washington Elementary in Elmira last year. Those classes moved to Fassett Elementary this year and will now take part in the entire program. Aside from tickets to the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series at The Glen, Watkins Glen Grand Prix or Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen weekends, the students will be awarded with gift certificates from area businesses including Friendly's restaurant at the Arnot Mall.
- WGI nominated for USA Today's 10Best Readers' Choice 'Favorite NASCAR track'
- WGI President Michael Printup statement on passing of Denise McCluggage
- IMSA teams set for Promoter's Test at Watkins Glen International
- Fan Experience makes Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen a standout event
- Watkins Glen International to host Finger Lakes Beer Festival, October 24