Andretti Ready to Return to The Glen
Rising IndyCar Series Star Looking Forward to Watkins Glen Grand Prix
Watkins Glen International will be the home of some thrilling racing in 2007 and Marco Andretti will very likely be in the middle of it during the Watkins Glen Grand Prix, July 6-8. He expressed his positive thoughts about the addition of more road courses to the IndyCar Series schedule during a press conference at the recent EMPA Convention in Trevose, PA.
Andretti believes that the five road/street courses currently on the schedule should help improve his chances of capturing a series championship and is "looking forward" to each event; this is especially true with the Watkins Glen Grand Prix. Prior to the press conference he said that the historic road course is one of the tracks he is "really looking forward" to returning to this year.
This is not surprising as Andretti was one of the favorites going into the 2006 Watkins Glen Indy Grand Prix presented by Tissot after qualifying third and finishing runner-up in the 2005 Corning 100. He had one of the fastest cars in the field and looked like the driver to beat when an on-track run-in with another car forced him out of the race. Andretti became the youngest winner in IndyCar Series history later that season with a road course victory in Sonoma, CA, and should be in contention when he returns to The Glen in 2007.
Tickets for the entire 2007 Season are on sale now! This includes the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, June 8-10, the return of open-wheel racing during the Watkins Glen Grand Prix, July 6-8, and the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series at The Glen, August 9-12. For more information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International