The Glen Named Harvick's Favorite Win of 2006
Defending Champ Captured 1st Career Road Course Victory at WGI
NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series star Kevin Harvick recently rated his victory in the AMD at The Glen as his favorite among his five NEXTEL Cup Series wins in 2006. Harvick will attempt to defend his title when the cars and stars of the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series return to The Glen on their traditional weekend, August 9-12.
Harvick made the comment about his victory at The Glen during a Q&A session on his personal website. When asked by a fan which win was his favorite he replied, "Well, they were all pretty cool. But if I had to pick one, I'd say Watkins Glen." He went on to say, "To race Stewart like that at the end and to get back around him was so cool. Plus we had always been so close on a road course and to finally get a win was just awesome." Harvick passed two-time defending Glen champion Tony Stewart with three laps to go and held on for a dramatic win.
Tickets for the entire 2007 Season are on sale now! This includes the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, June 8-10, the return of open-wheel racing during the Watkins Glen Grand Prix, July 6-8, and the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series at The Glen, August 9-12. For more information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- New York State Legislature recognizes Watkins Glen International in Albany
- WGI repave earns National Asphalt Pavement Association ‘Quality in Construction’ Award
- Race weekend schedule announced for NASCAR at Watkins Glen International, August 3-6
- Watkins Glen International set to hold job fair ahead of 2017 season
- Four companion series to join Verizon IndyCar Series at Watkins Glen International, August 31-September 3