Festival Elevates Culinary Experience
Hands-On Classes—Taught by Top Culinary Experts—to Complement Region's Premier Wine Festival
The Finger Lakes Wine Festival, supported by The Corning Museum of Glass, has teamed up with leading Culinary centers to bring top notch classes to Festival. The New York Wine and Culinary Center of Canandaigua, New York and Academia Barilla, of Parma, Italy, have partnered with the Festival to bring an exceptional level of instruction to the Festival's new hands-on culinary classes.
The new culinary classes are included with Festival admission, and compliment the comprehensive line up of the wine seminars and live cooking demonstrations that have been happening at the Festival for the past several years. The classes will bring together experts eager to share their experience with guests who seek to expand their culinary knowledge, whether novices or aficionados.
2007 Culinary Class lineup:
- Wine & Dine, Taste and Explore the Food & Wine Partnerships
- New York Craft Beers
- Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar, a Treasured Tradition
- Wine & Cheese from the Empire State.
Class size is limited, pre-registration is required. To reserve your space, log onto www.flwinefest.com, under "special events", or call, toll-free, 866-461-7223.
Located in the heart of Finger Lakes wine country, the Festival, takes place July 20-22, 2007, and promotes New York wines and agricultural products, the top industries of the region. Eighty wineries are slated to attend, in addition to a variety of vendors from throughout the country—representing artisans, jewelers, culinary products, displays and wine accessories.
The celebration kicks-off Friday evening, July 20th, with fireworks, wine, and togas at "Yancey's Fancy Cheese Launch of the Lakes", and continues Saturday and Sunday, from 10:00am - 5:00pm. Camping on Festival grounds, shuttle service to area hotels, and plenty of free parking are all available.
- Westbrook, Valiante take second straight Watkins Glen victory in rain-soaked Sahlen’s Six Hour
- Liddell, Davis claim overall Continental Tire 150 victory at The Glen
- Watkins Glen International wins USA Today's Readers' Choice 'Best NASCAR Track'
- Taster's Banquet highlights Saturday night at Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- 2015 BMW M4 to pace Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen