Come for Open-Wheel Racing and Stay for the Pepsi 400
Viewing Party Will Be Held During Watkins Glen Grand Prix Weekend
Race fans attending the Watkins Glen Grand Prix weekend, July 6-8, will be treated to a historic first at the legendary road course. After watching a full day of action with 3 races and IndyCar® Series qualifying on Saturday, July 7th, fans will not need to rush home to watch the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Pepsi 400. They will be able to watch the race at The Soul of American Road Racing like never before.
A true race fan has not watched a televised NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race until they have seen one on a 200 square foot Jumbotron while sitting in a grandstand seat and enjoying a Sahlen's hot dog. The Glen will give fans that chance when the green flag drops on the Pepsi 400 at 8:00 PM on Saturday, July 7, during the Watkins Glen Grand Prix weekend. Fans will be treated to a fireworks show before the race begins and then will take a seat in the FrontStretch Grandstand to watch NASCAR's finest take on the speed of Daytona International Speedway. Concession stands will be open during the race with hot dogs supplied by Sahlen's and drinks supplied by Budweiser and Pepsi.
Tickets for the entire 2007 season are on sale now and can be purchased at an advanced price until April 29th. This includes the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, June 8-10, the return of open-wheel racing during the Watkins Glen Grand Prix, July 6-8, and the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series at The Glen, August 9-12. For more information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE, or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- Chris Cornett promoted to Vice President of Facilities and Operations at Watkins Glen International
- INDYCAR, Watkins Glen International announce multi-year extension
- Watkins Glen International announces 2017 dates for Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen, Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International announces second consecutive reserved grandstand sell-out of Cheez-It™ 355
- Ben-Hur’s Jack Huston to drive pace car for Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen