Come for Open-Wheel Racing and Stay for the Pepsi 400
Viewing Party Will Be Held During Watkins Glen Grand Prix Weekend
Race fans attending the Watkins Glen Grand Prix weekend, July 6-8, will be treated to a historic first at the legendary road course. After watching a full day of action with 3 races and IndyCar® Series qualifying on Saturday, July 7th, fans will not need to rush home to watch the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Pepsi 400. They will be able to watch the race at The Soul of American Road Racing like never before.
A true race fan has not watched a televised NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race until they have seen one on a 200 square foot Jumbotron while sitting in a grandstand seat and enjoying a Sahlen's hot dog. The Glen will give fans that chance when the green flag drops on the Pepsi 400 at 8:00 PM on Saturday, July 7, during the Watkins Glen Grand Prix weekend. Fans will be treated to a fireworks show before the race begins and then will take a seat in the FrontStretch Grandstand to watch NASCAR's finest take on the speed of Daytona International Speedway. Concession stands will be open during the race with hot dogs supplied by Sahlen's and drinks supplied by Budweiser and Pepsi.
Tickets for the entire 2007 season are on sale now and can be purchased at an advanced price until April 29th. This includes the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, June 8-10, the return of open-wheel racing during the Watkins Glen Grand Prix, July 6-8, and the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series at The Glen, August 9-12. For more information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE, or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International
- INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen tickets, camping set to go on sale to general public on Wednesday, May 18
- IndyCar to return to Watkins Glen International on Labor Day weekend
- Taster’s Banquet highlights Saturday night at Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy New York’s Artisan Cheese
- Edwards, Logano, Kahne dish on new Watkins Glen International surface