Come for Open-Wheel Racing and Stay for the Pepsi 400
Viewing Party Will Be Held During Watkins Glen Grand Prix Weekend
Race fans attending the Watkins Glen Grand Prix weekend, July 6-8, will be treated to a historic first at the legendary road course. After watching a full day of action with 3 races and IndyCar® Series qualifying on Saturday, July 7th, fans will not need to rush home to watch the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Pepsi 400. They will be able to watch the race at The Soul of American Road Racing like never before.
A true race fan has not watched a televised NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race until they have seen one on a 200 square foot Jumbotron while sitting in a grandstand seat and enjoying a Sahlen's hot dog. The Glen will give fans that chance when the green flag drops on the Pepsi 400 at 8:00 PM on Saturday, July 7, during the Watkins Glen Grand Prix weekend. Fans will be treated to a fireworks show before the race begins and then will take a seat in the FrontStretch Grandstand to watch NASCAR's finest take on the speed of Daytona International Speedway. Concession stands will be open during the race with hot dogs supplied by Sahlen's and drinks supplied by Budweiser and Pepsi.
Tickets for the entire 2007 season are on sale now and can be purchased at an advanced price until April 29th. This includes the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, June 8-10, the return of open-wheel racing during the Watkins Glen Grand Prix, July 6-8, and the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series at The Glen, August 9-12. For more information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE, or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival