Drive The Glen for Charity and Stay for the Party
TOYOTA Opening Day at Watkins Glen International is right around the corner and marks the last day to purchase tickets at the advanced price. On Sunday, April 29th fans will have the opportunity to not only drive the 3.4 mile grand prix course to benefit the Victory Junction Gang, but they can stay and watch the Aaron's 499 at Talladega during the viewing party held at the track's suites. Admission is sold separately.
TOYOTA Opening Day marks the FIRST day of the highly anticipated 2007 racing season at the historic road-course and the LAST day race fans can save money on tickets. For only $20.00 per vehicle, fans can drive Watkins Glen International for three parade-style paced laps or take a spin around the Soul of American Road Racing in a 2007 Toyota Solara - the official pace vehicle of Watkins Glen International. Gates open at 9:00 am and laps start at 10:00 am and go until 4:30 pm. Proceeds will benefit the Victory Junction Gang Camp, a Kyle and Patty Petty organization for children with chronic illnesses. Motorcycles are not permitted on the track.
On TOYOTA Opening Day, fans will not only be able to SAVE on tickets and help raise money for charity, but they can stay and watch the Aaron's 499 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway during a viewing party held at the track's suites. The cost for the party is only $15.00 and includes a full buffet and snacks. Drink specials will also be available. The party starts at 12:00 pm and the green flag drops at 1:30 pm.
On April 29th fans can save as much as $16.00 on race packages and $11.00 on individual tickets. For tickets and additional information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE, log on to the official Watkins Glen website at TheGlen.com, buy online at Racetickets.com, or stop by The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen.
- National Anthem performers announced for Cheez-It™ 355 weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen