The Glen Brings the Speed of Indy to Market Street
Jim Beam IndyCar 2-Seater Promotes WGI Tickets at Information Center of Corning
April 11, 2007-The weather outside might not be racing weather but that did not stop Watkins Glen International from bringing the Jim Beam "Drink Smart" IndyCar 2-seater to Downtown Corning on Wednesday. The street-legal IndyCar® Series car was seen driving up and down Market Street to remind race fans that the warm days of summer are right around the corner which means the return of exciting racing at the legendary road course. The Jim Beam 2-seater also made a pit stop at the Information Center of Corning to let fans know that WGI and the Corning Area Chamber of Commerce have teamed up to make purchasing tickets to The Glen even easier than ever before.
Fans interested in purchasing General Admission and select Reserved Seating tickets for the exciting NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series at The Glen and Watkins Glen Grand Prix weekends now have the convenient option of buying them in the Information Center of Corning. The Information Center is located at 1 West Market Street in the heart of the Gaffer District in downtown Corning, NY, and can be reached by calling 607-962-8997. Tickets will be available at the Information Center all summer but be sure to get your tickets SOON because the deadline for advance sale prices is TOYOTA Opening Day on April 29th.
The warm and sunny days of summer will soon be here which means there is no better time than NOW to purchase your tickets for the 2007 season at historic Watkins Glen International. Tickets for the entire 2007 Season are on sale now including the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, June 8-10, the return of open-wheel racing during the Watkins Glen Grand Prix, July 6-8, and the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series at The Glen, August 9-12. For more information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival