2nd Annual Blood and Marrow Drive at The Glen a Success
Close to 100 Donors Honored the National Tragedy of September 11th
Watkins Glen International, the Sullivan Trail Chapter of the American Red Cross and the National Marrow Donor Program Greater New York State Donor Center teamed up yesterday in support of the spirit of charitable giving surrounding the national tragedy of September 11th. The event was organized in conjunction with the NASCAR Foundation's second annual campaign at NASCAR tracks across the country.
"We helped organize the 2nd Annual Road to the Rescue in order to give both New York and our community race fans a chance to make a difference in the lives of those in need, in support of September 11th," stated Craig Rust, President of Watkins Glen International. "We are proud of those that helped organize this effort, and thank the fans that were able to participate to help save lives."
The 2nd Annual Road to The Rescue blood and marrow registry drive took place on September 11th at Watkins Glen International from 11:30 am - 6:30 pm, at the track's Tower Suites. A giveaway bag included a free T-shirt and a voucher for a Thunder Road Tour, worth $25, was provided to all donors. The commemorative T-shirt was donated by the Schuyler County Sheriff's Department and the Watkins Glen Village Police Department.
Watkins Glen International was one of 24 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series and Weekly Series tracks involved with the blood and bone marrow drive including WGI sister facilities, Michigan International Speedway, Talladega Superspeedway, California Speedway, Daytona International Speedway, Richmond International Raceway and Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival