Weekend of Exciting Racing Continues
The Zippo U.S. Vintage Grand Prix weekend has hit the halfway point and the action on the track continues to be exciting. Over 400 cars have hit the twists and turns of the historic road course for several session of qualifying since Friday morning. The actual qualifying races for each group will begin this afternoon and will help set the field for the races on Sunday. Fans in attendance on Sunday will see a total of 13 thrilling races featuring vintage cars that raced as recently as 1982 and as far back as the 1920s. The schedule includes the 22nd Annual SVRA Collier Cup Race for historic MGs at 11:30 AM, the 8th U.S. Bugatti Grand Prix Race for the New York Governor's Cup at 1:30 PM and BMW running in the Zippo Feature Race at 3:15 PM.
Grand Marshal and special guest John Watson, will be available to fans twice during the day with an autograph session next to the Pyramid from 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM and then in a Fan Forum in the Pit Terrace Grandstand from 12:35 PM - 1:00 PM. Watson will also say the most famous words in racing to start the 8th U.S. Bugatti Grand Prix.
Tickets are still available for this weekend's Zippo U.S. Vintage Grand Prix and can be purchased at the track's ticket office. The Racing action lasts until 5:30 pm on Saturday and goes from 8:00 AM until 5:30 PM on Sunday. More information can obtained by calling the ticket office at the 866-461-RACE. A complete weekend schedule can be found by clicking here.
Occasional weather updates will be posted on the WGI Fan Talk Forum over the course of the weekend.
- New York State Legislature recognizes Watkins Glen International in Albany
- WGI repave earns National Asphalt Pavement Association ‘Quality in Construction’ Award
- Race weekend schedule announced for NASCAR at Watkins Glen International, August 3-6
- Watkins Glen International set to hold job fair ahead of 2017 season
- Four companion series to join Verizon IndyCar Series at Watkins Glen International, August 31-September 3