Weekend of Exciting Racing Continues
The Zippo U.S. Vintage Grand Prix weekend has hit the halfway point and the action on the track continues to be exciting. Over 400 cars have hit the twists and turns of the historic road course for several session of qualifying since Friday morning. The actual qualifying races for each group will begin this afternoon and will help set the field for the races on Sunday. Fans in attendance on Sunday will see a total of 13 thrilling races featuring vintage cars that raced as recently as 1982 and as far back as the 1920s. The schedule includes the 22nd Annual SVRA Collier Cup Race for historic MGs at 11:30 AM, the 8th U.S. Bugatti Grand Prix Race for the New York Governor's Cup at 1:30 PM and BMW running in the Zippo Feature Race at 3:15 PM.
Grand Marshal and special guest John Watson, will be available to fans twice during the day with an autograph session next to the Pyramid from 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM and then in a Fan Forum in the Pit Terrace Grandstand from 12:35 PM - 1:00 PM. Watson will also say the most famous words in racing to start the 8th U.S. Bugatti Grand Prix.
Tickets are still available for this weekend's Zippo U.S. Vintage Grand Prix and can be purchased at the track's ticket office. The Racing action lasts until 5:30 pm on Saturday and goes from 8:00 AM until 5:30 PM on Sunday. More information can obtained by calling the ticket office at the 866-461-RACE. A complete weekend schedule can be found by clicking here.
Occasional weather updates will be posted on the WGI Fan Talk Forum over the course of the weekend.
- Pre-race access pass puts fans at center of the action for Cheez-It 355 at The Glen
- NARRA Sportscar Challenge at The Glen set to feature Trans-Am Championship Classic Tube 100
- Watkins Glen International adds on-site Weather Underground station
- Kyle Busch’s Championship-winning Toyota Camry show car on display at Destiny USA
- Watkins Glen International enlists Varsha, Lally, Bell to help unveil new surface