Weekend of Exciting Racing Continues
The Zippo U.S. Vintage Grand Prix weekend has hit the halfway point and the action on the track continues to be exciting. Over 400 cars have hit the twists and turns of the historic road course for several session of qualifying since Friday morning. The actual qualifying races for each group will begin this afternoon and will help set the field for the races on Sunday. Fans in attendance on Sunday will see a total of 13 thrilling races featuring vintage cars that raced as recently as 1982 and as far back as the 1920s. The schedule includes the 22nd Annual SVRA Collier Cup Race for historic MGs at 11:30 AM, the 8th U.S. Bugatti Grand Prix Race for the New York Governor's Cup at 1:30 PM and BMW running in the Zippo Feature Race at 3:15 PM.
Grand Marshal and special guest John Watson, will be available to fans twice during the day with an autograph session next to the Pyramid from 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM and then in a Fan Forum in the Pit Terrace Grandstand from 12:35 PM - 1:00 PM. Watson will also say the most famous words in racing to start the 8th U.S. Bugatti Grand Prix.
Tickets are still available for this weekend's Zippo U.S. Vintage Grand Prix and can be purchased at the track's ticket office. The Racing action lasts until 5:30 pm on Saturday and goes from 8:00 AM until 5:30 PM on Sunday. More information can obtained by calling the ticket office at the 866-461-RACE. A complete weekend schedule can be found by clicking here.
Occasional weather updates will be posted on the WGI Fan Talk Forum over the course of the weekend.
- Watkins Glen International offers four free Daytona 500 viewing parties on Feb. 21
- Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel reach promotional agreement
- Sahlen’s renews title sponsorship of IMSA Six Hour event at Watkins Glen International
- Statement from Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup on the passing of Barney Hall
- NASCAR announces start times, broadcasts for Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 at The Glen