The Beat Goes on For Castroneves into Semi-Finals
The hit ABC show "Dancing with the Stars" is coming out of the boot and making a dash for the frontstretch as another elimination day narrowed its talented participants down to the final four. As the IndyCar Series star and Glen record holder tries to do on the track, he is starting to pull away from the competition in this ballroom showdown. After receiving an astounding combined score of 57 out of 60 from the judges, including a perfect 30 out of 30 for their version of the Quickstep, Castroneves and partner Julianne Hough are moving on to the semi-finals of next week's competition. Castroneves, wearing a bright yellow zoot suit similar to the one worn by Jim Carrey in "The Mask", received the ultimate complement from judge Len Goodman stating "In five seasons of watching the Quickstep, that was the best we've seen." Fans can watch and vote for Castroneves as he attempts to dance his way into the finals on "Dancing with The Stars" on November 19th at 8:00 PM on ABC.
Fans can watch Castroneves and the stars of the IndyCar Series dance their way around the twists and turns at the Soul of American Road Racing during the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen, July 4-6, 2008. Tickets for the entire 2008 season will go on sale December 1. For tickets and information, please contact the Watkins Glen ticket office at 866-461-RACE or log on to the official Watkins Glen website at www.TheGlen.com.
- Watkins Glen International RACE Foundation opens grant request program
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix returns to Watkins Glen International September 8-10, 2017
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival kicks off with Friday night dinner, tasting on Oct. 21
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Jaguar brings nostalgia, thrills to Watkins Glen International
- World Champion Maine-Endwell Little League baseball team named Grand Marshals for INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen