The Glen Named Best Race of 2007 by Sports Illustrated
The Centurion Boats at The Glen Featured Plenty of On-Track Action and Drama
This year's Centurion Boats at The Glen was considered, by many, as a race for the ages and now Sports Illustrated (SI) has confirmed what most Glen fans already knew. The famed and respected sports publication has selected the Centurion Boats at The Glen as the best NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race of 2007. In 2008, fans should expect the excitement to continue when the action of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series returns to The Glen on its traditional weekend, August 7-10.
Sports Illustrated announced its year-end awards for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series season in its weekly publication and on its website last week. The selection of the Centurion Boats at The Glen was certainly no surprise to any race fan that watched the excitement and drama unfold at The Glen on August 12, 2007. SI identified the on track confrontation between Kevin Harvick and Juan Pablo Montoya, the late spinout by race leader Jeff Gordon and "more fender rubbin' than any other event of the season" as the reasons for their selection. The sports giant could have also noted one of the other exciting storylines from the weekend such as the sudden decision by Bill Elliott to give his ride to fan favorite Boris Said, several drivers including Ryan Newman and David Ragan powering their way through the Turn 10 gravel trap, Carl Edwards' desperate charge to catch eventual race winner Tony Stewart on the final lap or the constant daredevil passes through the Inner Loop.
Tickets for the entire 2008 season go on sale December 1. To order tickets please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International boasts first-class fan experience during Sahlen’s Six Hours
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy to kick off with Togas, Wine, and Fireworks
- Military Appreciation Day at Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen proudly presented by Kaplan University
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International