The Largest New York State Wine Celebration Set for Next July
Watkins Glen International is pleased to announce that the largest showcase of New York State wines in the country, the Finger Lakes Wine Festival, will be back in 2008. The Festival, entering its twelfth season at the historic racetrack, is scheduled for the weekend of July 18-20.
Once a year, Watkins Glen International, considered The Soul of American Road Racing, is transformed into the Finger Lake's largest tasting room, where over 600 New York wines will be sampled. 80 wineries are slated to attend, with an array of quality artisans, hand-crafted jewelry, local farm products, gourmet foods, culinary items, and retail wine merchandise that compliment the Festival's theme featured at the weekend long event.
The celebration kicks-off Friday evening, July 18th, with fireworks, wine, and togas during "Yancey's Fancy Cheese Launch of the Lakes". Saturday and Sunday the Festival will open at 10:00 am until 5:00 pm, featuring a variety of wine and food from across the state, culinary classes, cooking demos, wine seminars, live entertainment and much more. Camping on Festival grounds, shuttle service to area hotels, and plenty of free parking will also available.
Tickets will go on sale December 1, 2007 - just in time for the holidays. Tickets for all of the events at Watkins Glen International, including the Finger Lakes Wine Festival, can be purchased online at www.TheGlen.com, by calling toll free 866-461-7223, or at The Shop, The Official Retail Store of Watkins Glen International, located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen.
The Shop carries Finger Lakes Wine Festival apparel, as well as motor sports collectibles, and authentic NASCAR merchandise. Store hours are Monday - Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. For vendor opportunities at the 2008 Finger Lakes Wine Festival, please contact: Tammy Spear at 607-535-2486 ext. 410 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival