2nd Annual Sahlen's Hot Dog Eating Contest
Some of the top eaters of the Finger Lakes Region are preparing for the second annual Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen Hot Dog Eating Contest. The event will take place on the Turn 10 Village Stage on Saturday night, June 7, at 5:30 PM. Hall of Fame running back for the Buffalo Bills, Thurman Thomas, is scheduled to be one of the judges for the event. Fans of all ages may compete in the event, but plates are going fast. Sign up's for the contest will be held during the event weekend at the Turn 10 Village Stage. Competitors are challenged to eat as many Sahlen's hot dogs and buns as they can within a six minute period. The winner of the contest will receive a Sahlen's prize package, the green flag used to start the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen, and the best trophy in all of race-related competitive eating, a gold pig trophy. Last year, everyone from children to adults participated in the event, with a total of ten competitors. Rich Soper won the 2007 contest by eating an impressive 14 hot dogs in six minutes. Tickets for the historic 60th Anniversary of racing in Watkins Glen are on-sale now! The season kicks-off this weekend with the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, June 6-7 paired with the NASCAR Camping World Series' East Division on Sunday, June 8. General admission tickets for Kids 12 and under are FREE during the June 6-8 and July 4-6 event weekends when accompanied by an adult. Open-wheel racing returns for the 4th of July weekend during the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen, July 4-6, and the Centurion Boats at The Glen NASCAR Sprint Cup and Zippo 200 NASCAR Nationwide Series weekend highlights the summer action, August 7-10. For more tickets and more information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE or log on to the official website www.TheGlen.com.
- National Anthem performers announced for Cheez-It™ 355 weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen