Matt Kobyluck Wins NASCAR Camping World Series 125 at The Glen
After a long day on the track, Matt Kobyluck finally pulled it off and took the checkered flag in the NASCAR Camping World Series 125 at The Glen on Sunday, June 8. The 125-mile event that started at 12:30 PM was delayed by rain, several cautions, and even a red flag, which made it seem like a marathon for drivers. Kobyluck took over the lead from Marc Davis on the final restart on the second to last lap to win the race in his #40 Mohegan Sun Casino Chevrolet. It is the first win at The Glen for Kobyluck and his third career Top-5 finish at the historic road course. Dale Earnhardt, Inc. teammates Jeffrey Earnhardt, Trevor Bayne, and Jesus Hernandez swept the next three spots, finishing second, third and fourth, respectively. Steve Park finished fifth driving for NDS Motorsports. Racing will return to Watkins Glen International for the 4th of July weekend during the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen, July 4-6. The action continues with the Centurion Boats at The Glen NASCAR Sprint Cup and Zippo 200 NASCAR Nationwide Series weekend, August 7-10. For tickets and more information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE or log on to the official website www.TheGlen.com.
- Watkins Glen International to host 11th Annual American Red Cross Blood Drive in honor of the Tragedies of 9-11
- Chemung Canal Trust Company Celebrates Classic Cars
- NASCAR Returns to The Glen for 30th Consecutive Year
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women’s History Museum
- Taylor Brothers Return to The Glen as USGVP Special Guests