Sprint Cup Qualifying Rained Out
Rain washed out Friday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying session at Watkins Glen International.
The starting field for Sunday's Centurion Boats at The Glen will be set by owner's points, giving Kyle Busch the pole.
Two road course ringers failed to qualify for the 90-lap race as a result of the rain - Boris Said and Brian Simo.
Said will still get to race after Petty Enterprises announced he will drive the No. 45 Dodge, replacing Kyle Petty. This will be Said's first competition in Petty Enterprises equipment. He will start 40th. "Boris is known around the world as one of the premier road course racers," said Petty Enterprises VP of Operations Robbie Loomis. “He will give us another great opportunity to assess our program. Everyone at Petty Enterprises is grateful to Boris for helping us out.” The Cup Series will attempt two more practice sessions on Saturday before taking the green flag in Sunday's Centurion Boats at The Glen at 2 p.m. (ET).
The racing action continues on Friday with NASCAR Nationwide Series practice and the running of the Grand-Am Rolex Series Crown Royal 200.
For more information and ticket orders, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- Camping, tickets on sale for USA’s “Best Wine Festival” at The Glen this summer
- Watkins Glen International event tickets, camping on sale now
- Watkins Glen International seeks Fan Ambassadors for 2017 season
- Watkins Glen International R.A.C.E. Foundation announces $15,000 in grant awards
- Watkins Glen International RACE Foundation opens grant request program