Sprint Cup Qualifying Rained Out
Rain washed out Friday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying session at Watkins Glen International.
The starting field for Sunday's Centurion Boats at The Glen will be set by owner's points, giving Kyle Busch the pole.
Two road course ringers failed to qualify for the 90-lap race as a result of the rain - Boris Said and Brian Simo.
Said will still get to race after Petty Enterprises announced he will drive the No. 45 Dodge, replacing Kyle Petty. This will be Said's first competition in Petty Enterprises equipment. He will start 40th. "Boris is known around the world as one of the premier road course racers," said Petty Enterprises VP of Operations Robbie Loomis. “He will give us another great opportunity to assess our program. Everyone at Petty Enterprises is grateful to Boris for helping us out.” The Cup Series will attempt two more practice sessions on Saturday before taking the green flag in Sunday's Centurion Boats at The Glen at 2 p.m. (ET).
The racing action continues on Friday with NASCAR Nationwide Series practice and the running of the Grand-Am Rolex Series Crown Royal 200.
For more information and ticket orders, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- Watkins Glen International announces full slate of appearances at Budweiser Turn One Tavern
- With facility camping going fast, WGI opens additional sites in new Bronson Hill area
- Keselowski, Patrick, Biffle to appear Sunday, August 9 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Cheez-It 355 weekend complete with live entertainment, autograph sessions
- Glenora Wine Cellars USVGP presented by Welliver kicks off with Friday night events