WGI Will Open IndyCar Series Test to Fans on June 9th
Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, and Marco Andretti Among Those Scheduled to Participate
By: WGI Staff on 5/29/2009
Danica Patrick challenges the twists and turns of The Glen in 2008.
Fans looking to get their open-wheel fix prior to the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen, July 3-5, will get that opportunity during an IndyCar Series test on Tuesday, June 9. The test will be open to the public and admission is FREE for all fans that attend. Tickets for the event weekend will also be available to purchase. A total of eight drivers from four teams are expected to hit the track over the course of the day.
Drivers currently scheduled to participate are:
• Danica Patrick – Andretti Green Racing
• Tony Kanaan – Andretti Green Racing
• Marco Andretti – Andretti Green Racing
• Mario Moraes – KV Racing
• Milka Duno – Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
• Mike Conway – Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
• Stanton Barrett – Team 3G
*NOTE: Drivers may be added or removed from this list and is subject to change without notice.
Fans will be able to enter through the main gate (Gate 2) starting at 10:00 am until 3:00 pm. The entire infield will be open for general viewing including the Pit Terrace Grandstand, McDonalds Family Grandstand at the top of the Esses, Turn 1 and Turn 2 Tailgate Zones, and inside The Boot. Fans that sit in Pit Terrace and like the seat they use will have the option of purchasing that exact seat, if it is still available, through the popular “Save-a-Seat” program.
Tickets for the event weekend will be on-sale at the track that day. Food and drinks will also be available for purchase at the main infield concession stand, from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Tickets for the entire 2009 season at Watkins Glen International are on sale now! The season kicks-off with the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen weekend, June 5-6, featuring the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, KONI Challenge, and NASCAR Camping World Series East. Weekend tickets are only $35 and general admission for kids 12 and under is FREE when accompanied by an adult. For tickets and information, please contact the WGI ticket office at 866-461-RACE or log on to the official Watkins Glen website at www.TheGlen.com. Tickets, gift certificates and track merchandise can be all purchased at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen, Open Monday-Friday 9-5, Saturday 9-4, Closed Sunday; 607-535-2338.
- Watkins Glen International's Shop offering specials over Thanksgiving week, Small Business Saturday
- Bully Hill Vineyards renews sponsorship of Watkins Glen International’s 2016 NASCAR K&N Pro Series race
- Watkins Glen International seeks Fan Ambassadors for 2016 season
- NASCAR, Watkins Glen International reach 5-year sanction agreement; 2016 race weekend announced
- WGI announces 20th anniversary Finger Lakes Wine Festival artwork contest