Campers will be Permitted to Stay Until 9:00 AM on Monday Morning Following the Camping World Grand Prix
By: WGI Staff on 7/2/2009
Campers can now stay at the track until 9:00 AM on Monday, July 6.
In response to our fans’ feedback, Watkins Glen International is proud to announce that campers will not be asked to leave the track until 9:00 AM on Monday, July 6. This demonstrates the importance of fans submitting feedback and comments and continues The Glen’s commitment to enhance our fans’ experience.
“Many of our campers travel great distances to attend and support our events including the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen,” said Michael Printup, president of Watkins Glen International. “We are very proud to be able to offer this later departure time to provide some flexibility to our fans that will be staying at the track.”
Tickets and camping for this weekend’s Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen are still available. Fans are encouraged to visit the WGI Ticket Office to make their purchases. On-track action will be headlined by the IndyCar Series, Firestone Indy Lights, F2000 Championship Series and the SCCA SPEED World Challenge. Off-track activities on Saturday, July 4 will include the IndyCar Series autograph session, a concert by the Presidents of the United States of America, the viewing party for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race from Daytona in the FrontStretch Grandstand, and a spectacular fireworks display. Weekend tickets begin at just $55, and general admission for kids 12 and under is FREE when accompanied by an adult. All events including races at The Glen will be held rain or shine this weekend.
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival kicks off with Friday night dinner, tasting on Oct. 21
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Jaguar brings nostalgia, thrills to Watkins Glen International
- World Champion Maine-Endwell Little League baseball team named Grand Marshals for INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Doug Allen to perform anthems during INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Chris Cornett promoted to Vice President of Facilities and Operations at Watkins Glen International