It is Race Day at The Glen
There Will be Plenty of Activity Both On and Off-Track
By: WGI Staff on 6/6/2009
The NASCAR Camping World Series Tioga Downs 125 at The Glen kicked off at 10:00 AM. Matt DiBenedetto was on the pole ahead of Antonio Perez, with defending race winner Matt Kobyluck starting fourth.
The day’s headline event is the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen Rolex Sports Car Series race. Scott Pruett will lead the field of Daytona Prototypes and Grand Touring machines to the green flag at 2:00 PM.
Only $20 (children 12 and under are free with a paying adult) gets you in to see all the action. Not only will you enjoy exciting on-track racing, but there is a wealth of other activities. At noon, there will be an autograph session with the stars of the Grand Am Rolex Series including Pruett, actor/driver Patrick Dempsey, and 2009 Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona champions Darren Law, David Donohue, and Buddy Rice.
The Sahlen’s 3rd Annual Hotdog Eating Contest gets underway at 5:30 PM, followed by the Saturday Night Concert featuring Mike Brindisi and the New York Rock on the Red Car Summer Stage next to the Budweiser Tiki Bar.
Follow the racing action on WRCE 1490 on the AM dial. Speed TV will broadcast the start of the race, from 2:00PM-4:00PM. The exciting finish of the race can be seen from 6:00PM-8:30PM. Check you cable or satellite provider for details.
Tickets are available at the track ticket office.
- Watkins Glen International to host 11th Annual American Red Cross Blood Drive in honor of the Tragedies of 9-11
- Chemung Canal Trust Company Celebrates Classic Cars
- Get a Taste of the Finger Lakes at Glenora Wine Cellars U.S. Vintage Grand Prix
- NASCAR Returns to The Glen for 30th Consecutive Year
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women’s History Museum