WGI Will Host Three Grand-Am Races in 2010
Crown Royal 200 Paired with Zippo 200 on Saturday, August 7 and 29th Running of Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen Scheduled for Saturday, June 5
By: WGI Staff on 10/28/2009
The 2010 racing action at WGI will kick-off with the 29th Running of the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen weekend, June 4-6.
“Moving the Crown Royal 200 to Saturday evening not only adds to a full day of on-track activity, but also brings the excitement of the Rolex Series to a larger number of our fans,” said Michael Printup, president of Watkins Glen International. “Sports car racing laid the groundwork for the success of racing in Watkins Glen and we are thrilled to be once again hosting three Grand-Am races during the 2010 season.”
The Crown Royal 200 has traditionally been held on Friday evening following NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying but the race is shifting to the evening of Saturday, August 7. This greatly increases the amount of on-track action packed into the day that includes final practice for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and the Zippo 200 NASCAR Nationwide Series race.
The Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen weekend will not only feature the Rolex and KONI Challenge Series, but will also bring the Mustang Challenge to Upstate New York. The 29th Running of the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen will be held on Saturday, June 5 with an expected start time in the early afternoon. The KONI Challenge Series will compete in a two-and-a-half hour sprint race during the weekend and the addition of the Mustang Challenge and other yet-to-be-announced support series means a full three days of on-track action.
Tickets for the entire 2010 season will go on sale to the general public (non-renewal customers) November 14, 2009. For more information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE (7223) or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- National Anthem performers announced for Cheez-It™ 355 weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen