The Glen is Calling on All New York State Bands for Summer Soundtrack
Top 8 Songs will be Available for Download on TheGlen.com
By: WGI Staff on 11/4/2009
Gavin DeGraw performed on the Red Cat Summer Stage in 2008, one lucky New York State band will take its turn in 2010.
The on-track action during the 2010 season at Watkins Glen International will be fast and furious and this winter, bands from New York State have a chance to provide the music to match the excitement. WGI is inviting all NYS bands to compete for the right to be one of eight songs featured on the first-ever Summer Soundtrack to The Glen. A fan vote will determine the top song, giving one lucky band the right to have their song used as the background music for the television commercial for the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event weekend, August 5-8, and perform LIVE during New York’s largest weekend sporting event on Saturday, August 7.
The invitation to submit a song for consideration is open to any band that is based in New York State and the songs can be of any genre. Entrants are permitted to submit one song and must do so by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 27th, 2009. No songs will be accepted after the deadline. Beginning in early December, the top eight songs selected by WGI staff will be made available as free downloads on TheGlen.com. Both race and music fans will then have the chance to make their voices heard by voting online for their favorite by going to the WGI website. The song receiving the most votes will be featured and identified in the NASCAR event TV commercial which will make its debut during the broadcast of the 2010 Daytona 500 and will run in numerous major media markets in upstate New York. The favorite band will go on to perform LIVE during the 2010 NASCAR weekend concert on the Red Cat Summer Stage. Fans and interested bands looking for the most up-to-date information should go to the Official Facebook page of WGI, www.facebook.com/watkinsgleninternational.
Submission email must include:
• Band photo & short (one small paragraph) band bio
• One original musical track (MP3 format)
• Song title and artist full name
• Band website(s) information, contact email and phone number
• Only one song will be accepted per artist
• All songs must be submitted in MP3 format
• Only original music will be considered, no sample, covers or third party material allowed
• You must own and control 100% of the material submitted
*Submission of musical track grants Watkins Glen International the right to distribute it as a free electronic download on www.theglen.com as part of this promotion.
Tickets for the entire 2010 season will go on sale to the general public (non-renewal customers) November 14, 2009. For more information, please contact the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE (7223) or log on to the official website at www.TheGlen.com.
- Watkins Glen International offers four free Daytona 500 viewing parties on Feb. 21
- Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel reach promotional agreement
- Sahlen’s renews title sponsorship of IMSA Six Hour event at Watkins Glen International
- Statement from Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup on the passing of Barney Hall
- NASCAR announces start times, broadcasts for Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 at The Glen