Win a Ride Around the Watkins Glen International Race Circuit with IZOD IndyCar Series star Ryan Hunter-Reay
By: WGI Staff on 5/17/2010
Fans will have three chances to bid on a once-in-a-lifetime experience that includes an at-speed ride with 2008 Camping World Grand Prix champion Ryan Hunter-Reay.
The International Motor Racing Research Center is pleased to announce an exciting, once- in-a-lifetime fund raising event called The Hot Lapz Experience as part of the Camping World Grand Prix at the Glen, IZOD IndyCar Series race, July 2-4, 2010 at Watkins Glen International. Three separate Hot Lapz Experience packages will be offered on Ebay, starting on Sunday May 16th, over a period of three weeks. The three auction format will allow bidders multiple chances to win one of these exciting packages. Race fans interested in bidding should go to the Ebay website and enter the keyword Hot Lapz for a direct link to each auction as well as additional details.
Each Hot Lapz Experience includes:
• Three, at-speed, laps around the historic 3.4 mile Watkins Glen race course in race prepared Porsche Cayman, driven by IZOD Indycar Series driver Ryan Hunter-Reay, winner of the 2008 IndyCar Series race at the Glen, and driver of the #37 Team IZOD, Andretti Autosport, Dallara. A truly priceless, once-in-a-lifetime, experience
• Exclusive Crown Royal Club at the Glen VIP admission tickets for the entire weekend that includes infield parking, access to the pit and garage areas, buffet luncheon and complimentary cocktails for each winner and guest. Value $1000+
• Three nights of accommodations for each winner and guest at the Glen Motor Inn, overlooking beautiful Seneca Lake. A daily complimentary continental breakfast is included Value $750+
• A set of four Firestone passenger car or light truck tires for each winner. Value $1000
• An evening cocktail cruise on Seneca Lake aboard a private yacht . Participants will be able to view the fireworks display over the scenic Watkins Glen harbor. Value $500
• In addition, the highest overall bidder in the three auctions will receive two admission tickets to the Andretti Autosport VIP Hospitality area for the weekend. Value $500+
• Selected # 37Team IZOD racing attire for each of the winners and their guests.
• Invitation to the opening reception at the International Motor Racing Research Center for artist Douglas Wilkins’ exhibit, featuring works honoring racing legend AJ Foyt.
• A ride in the Pace Car around the Glen circuit for each winner & guest.
Please note that transportation to and from Watkins Glen is not included.
A special thanks to the following sponsors and supporters who made this exciting program possible; Ryan Huter-Reay, Andretti Autosport, IZOD, Watkins Glen International, Al Speyer and Firestone Tires, The Glen Motor Inn, Scott Welliver, and Bob Henderson.
Tickets for the entire 2010 season including the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen, August 5-8, and Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen, July 2-4, weekends are on sale now! Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE (7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Tickets, gift certificates and track merchandise can all be purchased at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. The Shop is open Monday-Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 9-4.
- WGI President Michael Printup statement on passing of Denise McCluggage
- IMSA teams set for Promoter's Test at Watkins Glen International
- Fan Experience makes Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen a standout event
- Watkins Glen International to host Finger Lakes Beer Festival, October 24
- Watkins Glen International introduces The Pit Inn