See the Indianapolis 500 Champ at The Glen on June 9
WGI will Open Gates during IZOD IndyCar Series Test of FREE
By: WGI Staff on 6/2/2010
Defending Camping World Grand Prix champion Justin Willson (center) and 3-time WGI champion Scott Dixon (right) will both be testing at The Glen on Wednesday, June 9 in the hopes of returning to Gatorade Victory Lane.
Fans looking to get their open-wheel fix prior to the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen, July 2-4, will get that opportunity during an IZOD IndyCar Series test on Wednesday, June 9. The test will be open to the public and admission is FREE for all fans that attend. Tickets for the event weekend will also be available to purchase. A total of six drivers from four teams are expected to hit the track however additional drivers may still participate, over the course of the day.
Drivers currently scheduled to participate are:
• Dario Franchitti – Target Chip Ganassi Racing, 2010 Indianapolis 500 champion
• Scott Dixon – Target Chip Ganassi Racing, 3-time Camping World Grand Prix Champion
• Justin Wilson – Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, 2009 Camping World Grand Prix Champion
• Alex Tagliani – Fazzt Race Team
• Alex Lloyd – Dale Coyne Racing
• Milka Duno – Dale Coyne Racing
*NOTE: Drivers may be added or removed from this list and is subject to change without notice.
Fans can enter through the main gate (Gate 2) starting at 10:00 am until 3:00 pm. The entire infield will be open for general viewing including the Pit Terrace Grandstand, McDonalds Family Grandstand at the top of the Esses, Turn 1 and Turn 2 Tailgate Zones, and inside The Boot. Fans that sit in Pit Terrace and like the seat they use will have the option of purchasing that exact seat, if it is still available, through the popular “Save-a-Seat” program.
Thunder road tours will also be available for purchase and can be redeemed during the test day at noon, when the drivers will break for lunch. Anyone interested in purchasing a Thunder Road Tour can buy a ticket at The Pyramid souvenir center located in the infield from only $10 dollars. Take advantage of a $15 dollar savings on Thunder Road Tours during the test day (normally $25). Tickets for the event weekend this Fourth of July will be on-sale at the track. Food and drinks will also be available for purchase at the main infield concession stand, from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Tickets for the entire 2010 season including the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen, August 5-8, and Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen, July 2-4, weekends are on sale now! Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE (7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Tickets, gift certificates and track merchandise can all be purchased at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. The Shop is open Monday-Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 9-4.
- WGI President Michael Printup statement on passing of Denise McCluggage
- IMSA teams set for Promoter's Test at Watkins Glen International
- Fan Experience makes Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen a standout event
- Watkins Glen International to host Finger Lakes Beer Festival, October 24
- Watkins Glen International introduces The Pit Inn