Day Two of Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen is in Full Swing
Practices, Qualifying, Races, Autograph Sessions, Concerts, and Fireworks Make for a Full Day
By: WGI Staff on 7/3/2010
Danica Patrick and all the stars of the IZOD IndyCar Series will qualify for the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen at 1:15 PM this afternoon.
The F-2000 Championship Series will hit the track for their first of two races at 10:20 AM and the SCCA World Challenge race will follow this afternoon at 4:15 PM. Fan favorite Ron Fellows will start second behind pole sitter Randy Pobst.
Fans will find plenty to do at WGI other than watch the IZOD IndyCar Series prepare for tomorrow’s Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen. The IZOD IndyCar Series autograph session runs 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM, the evening concert on the Red Cat Summer stage featuring Jimkata and Kinetix starts at 7:00 PM, NASCAR fans in attendance will be able to catch the Sprint Cup Series race from Daytona from the FrontStretch Grandstand starting at 7:30 PM, and the night will be topped off with a huge fireworks show at 9:45 PM. Access to all of these events is included in the price of a weekend ticket. Tickets and camping can still be purchased at the gate; cash or credit.
Be sure to follow the official WGI Twitter, www.Twitter.com/wgi, and Facebook, www.Facebook.com/watkinsgleninternational, pages to get a behind the scenes look at the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen weekend and regular updates throughout the day.
- Watkins Glen International announces full slate of appearances at Budweiser Turn One Tavern
- With facility camping going fast, WGI opens additional sites in new Bronson Hill area
- Keselowski, Patrick, Biffle to appear Sunday, August 9 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Cheez-It 355 weekend complete with live entertainment, autograph sessions
- Glenora Wine Cellars USVGP presented by Welliver kicks off with Friday night events