Day Two of Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen is in Full Swing
Practices, Qualifying, Races, Autograph Sessions, Concerts, and Fireworks Make for a Full Day
By: WGI Staff on 7/3/2010
Danica Patrick and all the stars of the IZOD IndyCar Series will qualify for the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen at 1:15 PM this afternoon.
The F-2000 Championship Series will hit the track for their first of two races at 10:20 AM and the SCCA World Challenge race will follow this afternoon at 4:15 PM. Fan favorite Ron Fellows will start second behind pole sitter Randy Pobst.
Fans will find plenty to do at WGI other than watch the IZOD IndyCar Series prepare for tomorrow’s Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen. The IZOD IndyCar Series autograph session runs 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM, the evening concert on the Red Cat Summer stage featuring Jimkata and Kinetix starts at 7:00 PM, NASCAR fans in attendance will be able to catch the Sprint Cup Series race from Daytona from the FrontStretch Grandstand starting at 7:30 PM, and the night will be topped off with a huge fireworks show at 9:45 PM. Access to all of these events is included in the price of a weekend ticket. Tickets and camping can still be purchased at the gate; cash or credit.
Be sure to follow the official WGI Twitter, www.Twitter.com/wgi, and Facebook, www.Facebook.com/watkinsgleninternational, pages to get a behind the scenes look at the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen weekend and regular updates throughout the day.
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival kicks off with Friday night dinner, tasting on Oct. 21
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Jaguar brings nostalgia, thrills to Watkins Glen International
- World Champion Maine-Endwell Little League baseball team named Grand Marshals for INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Doug Allen to perform anthems during INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen
- Chris Cornett promoted to Vice President of Facilities and Operations at Watkins Glen International