Day Two of Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen is in Full Swing
Practices, Qualifying, Races, Autograph Sessions, Concerts, and Fireworks Make for a Full Day
By: WGI Staff on 7/3/2010
Danica Patrick and all the stars of the IZOD IndyCar Series will qualify for the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen at 1:15 PM this afternoon.
The F-2000 Championship Series will hit the track for their first of two races at 10:20 AM and the SCCA World Challenge race will follow this afternoon at 4:15 PM. Fan favorite Ron Fellows will start second behind pole sitter Randy Pobst.
Fans will find plenty to do at WGI other than watch the IZOD IndyCar Series prepare for tomorrow’s Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen. The IZOD IndyCar Series autograph session runs 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM, the evening concert on the Red Cat Summer stage featuring Jimkata and Kinetix starts at 7:00 PM, NASCAR fans in attendance will be able to catch the Sprint Cup Series race from Daytona from the FrontStretch Grandstand starting at 7:30 PM, and the night will be topped off with a huge fireworks show at 9:45 PM. Access to all of these events is included in the price of a weekend ticket. Tickets and camping can still be purchased at the gate; cash or credit.
Be sure to follow the official WGI Twitter, www.Twitter.com/wgi, and Facebook, www.Facebook.com/watkinsgleninternational, pages to get a behind the scenes look at the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen weekend and regular updates throughout the day.
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International boasts first-class fan experience during Sahlen’s Six Hours
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy to kick off with Togas, Wine, and Fireworks
- Military Appreciation Day at Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen proudly presented by Kaplan University
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International