Day Two of Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen is in Full Swing
Practices, Qualifying, Races, Autograph Sessions, Concerts, and Fireworks Make for a Full Day
By: WGI Staff on 7/3/2010
Danica Patrick and all the stars of the IZOD IndyCar Series will qualify for the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen at 1:15 PM this afternoon.
The F-2000 Championship Series will hit the track for their first of two races at 10:20 AM and the SCCA World Challenge race will follow this afternoon at 4:15 PM. Fan favorite Ron Fellows will start second behind pole sitter Randy Pobst.
Fans will find plenty to do at WGI other than watch the IZOD IndyCar Series prepare for tomorrow’s Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen. The IZOD IndyCar Series autograph session runs 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM, the evening concert on the Red Cat Summer stage featuring Jimkata and Kinetix starts at 7:00 PM, NASCAR fans in attendance will be able to catch the Sprint Cup Series race from Daytona from the FrontStretch Grandstand starting at 7:30 PM, and the night will be topped off with a huge fireworks show at 9:45 PM. Access to all of these events is included in the price of a weekend ticket. Tickets and camping can still be purchased at the gate; cash or credit.
Be sure to follow the official WGI Twitter, www.Twitter.com/wgi, and Facebook, www.Facebook.com/watkinsgleninternational, pages to get a behind the scenes look at the Camping World Grand Prix at The Glen weekend and regular updates throughout the day.
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International
- INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen tickets, camping set to go on sale to general public on Wednesday, May 18
- IndyCar to return to Watkins Glen International on Labor Day weekend
- Taster’s Banquet highlights Saturday night at Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy New York’s Artisan Cheese
- Edwards, Logano, Kahne dish on new Watkins Glen International surface