Togas, Wine and Fireworks
Yancey's Fancy Launch of the Lakes Kicks Off Festival's Activites
By: WGI Staff on 7/15/2010
There is no better way to start your weekend than with the toga party at Yancey's Fancy Launch of the Lakes.
During the Yancey’s Fancy Launch of the Lakes, two lucky fans sporting their best toga will be blessed by Bacchus, the god of wine, and crowned King & Queen of the 2010 festival! The 2010 King and Queen will get free admission to the festival in 2011 including the Taster’s Banquet, the Great Western Champagne Breakfast and weekend tasters’ passes. Yancey's Fancy will be on hand with samples of their world-famous cheese, wine will be on sale from several participating wineries, plus concessions, live music and fireworks.
Once a year, Watkins Glen International transforms from The Soul of American Road Racing into the Finger Lake’s largest tasting room, where over 600 New York wines will be sampled. The celebration kicks-off Friday evening at 6:00 pm, July 16th, with fireworks, wine, and togas at “Yancey’s Fancy Cheese Launch of the Lakes.” Saturday and Sunday the Festival will open at 10:00 am until 5:00 pm, featuring a variety of wine and food and arts and crafts from across the state, culinary classes, cooking demonstrations, wine seminars, the Brewers’ Garden, pace car rides, comedy and live musical entertainment and much more.
Also new in 2010, the festival is expanding their grounds to offer a new wine tasting area adjacent to the previous tasting grounds. The festival will also offered new reserved camping areas and plenty of free parking. For information, please contact the Watkins Glen ticket office, toll free, at 866-461-7223, or visit the official website at www.flwinefest.com, and do not hesitate to add the Finger Lakes Wine Festival as a friend on Facebook.
- Ben-Hur’s Jack Huston to drive pace car for Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen
- National Anthem performers announced for Cheez-It™ 355 weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival