Glen Champions Return for 25th Running of NASCAR at WGI
Sunday Autograph Session Features Bodine, Irvan, and Park
By: WGI Staff on 7/29/2010
Former WGI champions Geoff Bodine, Ernie Irvan.and Steve Park (above) will sign autographs for fans on Sunday, August 8.
August 5-8, 2010 will mark another significant milestone at the historic racetrack during the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen. The traditional August race weekend will showcase the 25th Running of NASCAR at WGI and three race champions will take part in a special autograph session open to any fan with an event ticket. The three former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers will also be honored during pre-race ceremonies along with Kyle Petty, Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Robby Gordon, Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch before the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series green flag at 1:00 P.M. on Sunday, August 8th.
Geoff Bodine, Ernie Irvan, and Steve Park will all return to The Soul of American Road Racing and be available to fans on Sunday morning. The former race champions will sign autographs in the Turn 10 village at 9am on Sunday August 8, with the session being open to All ticket holders.
Drivers participating in the autograph session at the Turn 10 village include:
• Ernie Irvan – 1991 Bud at The Glen Race winner in the #4 Kodak Film Chevrolet
• Geoff Bodine – 1996 Bud at The Glen race winner in the #7 QVC Ford
• Steve Park – 2000 Global Crossing @ The Glen race winner in the #1 Pennzoil Chevrolet.
Tickets for the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Zippo 200 NASCAR Nationwide Series and Crown Royal 200, Rolex Sports Car Series races, August 5-8 are still on-sale. Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE (7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com or at the Information Center of Corning located on Market Street, in downtown Corning, NY. Tickets, gift certificates and track merchandise can all be purchased at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. The Shop is open Monday-Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 9-4.
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival experience enhanced by by live music, games
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival set to feature New York State breweries, distilleries
- Watkins Glen International announces creation of new charitable arm
- Phish Magnaball at Watkins Glen International boosts local economy
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival offers new Friday night dinner, tasting