Zippo Renews as Title Sponsor of NASCAR Nationwide Series Event Through 2013
By: WGI Staff on 8/7/2010
Zippo's three year renewal as title sponsor for the Zippo 200 continues a parternship with WGI that started in 1993.
“Zippo has been a proud sponsor at Watkins Glen since 1993, “said Zippo President and CEO Greg Booth. “We share a lot of the same fans – loyal consumers who appreciate the value and integrity of our two brands. We look forward to continuing to grow this strong relationship through the Zippo 200 over the next three years.”
Although best known for its iconic refillable windproof lighter, the Zippo product line also includes lighter accessories, butane candle lighters, and an outdoor line of products and accessories introduced earlier this year.
“Zippo has been an outstanding sponsor at our historic road course for almost 20 years and we are thrilled to continue this partnership,” said Michael Printup, president of Watkins Glen International. “We are fortunate to have such a strong regional partnership with such a powerful brand during our NASCAR weekend. We are looking forward to working with them for another three years.”
Come celebrate the 25th running of NASCAR racing at the legendary road course in 2010 during the Heluva Good Sour Cream Dips at The Glen weekend, August 5-8. Tickets are still available. Fans can purchase tickets or learn more about the race weekend by calling the Watkins Glen International ticket office at 866-461-RACE (7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Tickets can also be purchased onsite at the ticket office located at the corner of Old Bronson Hill Rd. and County Rte.16. Ticket office hours are Wednesday–Friday, 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. and Saturday, 8:00 A.M. ~ 3:00 P.M. and on Sunday, 8:00 A.M. ~ 2:00 P.M.
- Watkins Glen International and Suburban Propane team up to bring convenience to fans at the track
- Daytona 500 coming to New York state NASCAR fans courtesy of Busch Beer and Watkins Glen International
- Stage lengths revealed for August 3-6 NASCAR race weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Three burning questions to be answered at The Glen in 2017
- Best Western Plus – Hammondsport to serve as “Official Hotel” of Watkins Glen International’s Opening Weekend