Trip to NASCAR Awards Ceremony will be One Fan's Treat this Halloween
Display WGI Poster on Front Door to Enter to Win All Expenses Paid Trip to Las Vegas for NASCAR Awards Ceremony on December 3
By: WGI Staff on 10/22/2010
Hang the "Speed Thrills" renewal poster on your door and you could be headed to Las Vegas for the NASCAR Awards Ceremony on December 3.
Halloween is considered a day for the kids but this year a lucky adult will receive the treat of a lifetime from Watkins Glen International – an all-expenses paid trip to Las Vegas for the 2010 NASCAR Champions Week including the NASCAR Awards Ceremony on Friday, December 3. The only “trick” that fans need to do in order to enter the “Be a Star at the NASCAR Awards Ceremony in Las Vegas” contest is place the 2011 “Speed Thrills” renewal poster on their front door starting Friday, October 29, through Sunday, October 31. The lucky winner will be notified when WGI president Michael Printup and “Read for Speed” mascot Max Traxx knock on their door and present them with the prize sometime during those three days!
Fans have three easy ways to receive the “Speed Thrills” poster. All 2010 WGI ticket holders already have the poster as part of the renewal information that was sent in September. For renewal customers that misplaced their poster or any fans that did not receive one, posters can be picked up at any Kwik Fill/Red Apple Food Mart or Chemung Canal Trust Company located in Chemung, Steuben, or Schuyler Counties starting on Saturday, October 23. Posters will also be available at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in Watkins Glen, NY. Can’t make it to one of those locations? No problem! Just send an email with your name and address to email@example.com or send a letter to Watkins Glen International, Attn: Be a Star in Las Vegas Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 500, Watkins Glen, NY 14891 and one will be mailed to you. All email and mail requests must be received by the end of business (5:00 PM) on October 26, 2010. This contest is open to any resident of the three counties mentioned above and no purchase is necessary. The full rules and regulations can be found by going to www.theglen.com/NASCARAwardsCeremony2010.
The winning fan and a guest will receive an once-in-a-lifetime experience that will undoubtedly not be soon forgotten. The package includes round-trip airfare from the closest major U.S. airport to Las Vegas, a 4 night/3 day stay at the Wynn Las Vegas, 2 tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony, and $500 spending money ($250 per person). Other activities available to the winners include the following:
- Dinner with WGI president Michael Printup at a restaurant in the Wynn Las Vegas
- NASCAR/NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon: Held at the Bellagio during which awards are presented to the champion crew chief, Raybestos Rookie of the Year, and most popular driver.
- Victory Lap: Features the top 12 drivers motoring down the famed Las Vegas strip in their cars.
- NASCAR After The Lap: Held at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, it features an unfiltered questions-and-answer session with the drivers and an interactive Coca-Cola Fan Zone experience.
Tickets for the 2011 race season at Watkins Glen International go on sale November 29, 2010. Fans can learn more about the 2011 race season at Watkins Glen International by calling the ticket office at 866-461-RACE (7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates and track merchandise can all be purchased at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. The Shop is open Monday-Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 9-4.
- Michael Printup assumes Americrown role, remains WGI president
- Watkins Glen International teams with Cornell Racing
- Watkins Glen International Opening Weekend to kick off 2015 season
- Phish returning to Watkins Glen International, August 21-23
- Watkins Glen International, Great Western Champagne continue partnership