WGI Will Host Three GRAND-AM Races in 2011
30th Running of the Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen Weekend to Feature Rolex Series and Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, Crown Royal 200 will Again Follow Zippo 200 on Saturday, August 13
By: WGI Staff on 10/13/2010
Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas will try to claim their 4th consecutive Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen on Saturday, June 4.
“GRAND-AM continues to be a mainstay on our race schedule and we are thrilled to host this exciting sports car racing three times in 2011,” said Michael Printup, president of Watkins Glen International. “The fact that we are hosting the 30th Running of the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen shows the staying power of sports car racing at WGI and the passion our fans have for the sport.”
The 30th Running of the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen will be held on Saturday, June 4, with an expected start time in the early afternoon. The Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge will compete in the Continental Tire 150 at The Glen during the weekend and other yet-to-be-announced support series are expected to be released at a later date.
The Crown Royal 200 was traditionally been held on Friday evening following NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying but the race was shifted to form a doubleheader with the Zippo 200 Nationwide Series race in 2010. The combination of the Crown Royal 200 and Zippo 200 on Saturday, August 13, will give fans two marquee races in one day of action for a great value.
Tickets for the 2011 race season at Watkins Glen International go on sale November 29, 2010. Fans can learn more about the 2011 race season at Watkins Glen International by calling the ticket office at 866-461-RACE (7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates and track merchandise can all be purchased at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. The Shop is open Monday-Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 9-4.
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival