New Family Camping Area Coming to The Glen in 2011
New Camping Option Driven by Fan Feedback
By: WGI Staff on 12/20/2010
Fans will have a new family camping option for the 2011 Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen event weekend.
In response to fan feedback and requests, Watkins Glen International is proud to announce a new family camping area for the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen weekend, August 11-14, 2011. Through the use of surveys and fan emails, families have increasingly requested an area that provides a quieter and more laid back experience. This is just the latest in a string of actions taken by WGI to respond to the needs of its fans which also includes $20 grandstand seats for kids 18 years of age and under and a sweeping capital improvements project highlighted by new grandstands and permanent showers on the infield.
The new family camping area will feature reserved non-trackside sites and be located just outside the East Tunnel along the backstretch. Fans can expect their experience to be one of stricter enforcement of the standard quiet hours (11:00 PM – 6:00 AM) and more regular patrols by WGI staff and security. There are a limited number of sites now available and the advanced sale price is $225, which is the same as any non-trackside reserved campsite elsewhere around the historic road course. Fans that are interested in either moving their current site or purchasing a new one in the family camping area will need to call 866-461-RACE(7223) to place their order.
Tickets for the 2011 race season at Watkins Glen International are on sale NOW! Fans can order their tickets or get more information about the 2011 race season at Watkins Glen International by calling the ticket office at 866-461-RACE (7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates and track merchandise can all be purchased at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 9-5, Saturday 9-4, and closed on Sunday.
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival