Don't Miss Your Chance to Be Treated Like a VIP During the RIEDEL Experience
Exclusive Event is Almost Sold Out and will Feature Wine Experts Anna Lee Iijiima and Evan Dawson
Two-day VIP hard card admission to the Finger Lakes Wine Festival and Brewers’ Garden are included in the RIEDEL Experience.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Of the thousands of wine enthusiasts who attend the 15th Annual Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy New York’s Artisan Cheese, July 15-17, a very select group will get to experience VIP treatment during the exclusive RIEDEL Experience. This year’s event will feature lectures with accomplished writer Evan Dawson, Wine Enthusiast Magazine journalist Anna Lee Iijima and an executive from RIEDEL Crystal. Admission to the two day event is limited and the final tickets are going fast for only $175.
Evan Dawson’s insightful book, Summer in a Glass, describes the history being poured into tasters’ glasses at the Finger Lakes Wine Festival. Dawson delves into the stories behind some of the Finger Lakes wineries that are as rich as the soil in their vineyards. All attendees will receive a copy of his book as part of their purchase of the RIEDEL Experience.
Anna Lee Iijima reviews wines from the Finger Lakes region as well as other up-and-coming wine regions in the United States and Europe for Wine Enthusiast Magazine. She joined the Wine Enthusiast’s Tasting Department following a career in corporate law and has studied with the American Sommelier Association and the Sake Education Council. Anna Lee is currently working to obtain a diploma in wine and spirits from the Wine & Spirit Education Trust.
In addition to meeting these renowned writers, tasters who participate in the RIEDEL Experience will take pleasure in:
· Two-day VIP hard card admission to the Festival and Brewers’ Garden access on Saturday
· Brunch on Sunday
· Hor d’oeuvres, Yancey’s Fancy Cheese displays and other palette cleansers during Saturday’s events
· A sensory evaluation class on Saturday with a RIEDEL Crystal executive
· Exclusive tasting with Atwater, Dr. Frank, Lakewood, Glenora, Hazlitt, Red Newt, Fox Run, Ravines, Hosmer, and Wagner Wineries, as well as the winemakers and vintners on Saturday
· RIEDEL Vinum XL Tasting Set: including 1 of each Montrachet (Chardonnay), Riesling Grand Cru, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon and reserve bottle of wine
· Ride around the 2.45-mile road course in an official Watkins Glen International pace car
· Exclusive wine claim process/redemption
· VIP reserved parking
Once a year, Watkins Glen International transforms from The Soul of American Road Racing into the Finger Lake’s largest tasting room, where over 600 New York wines will be sampled. The celebration kicks-off on the evening of Friday, July 15th, with fireworks, wine, and togas at “Yancey’s Fancy Cheese Launch of the Lakes.” Saturday and Sunday the Festival will feature a variety of wine and food and arts and crafts from across the state, culinary classes, cooking demonstrations, wine seminars, The RIEDEL Experience, the Brewers’ Garden, pace car rides, live musical entertainment and much more. The festival will once again offer reserved camping areas and plenty of free parking.
For information, please contact the Watkins Glen ticket office, toll free, at 866-461-7223, or visit the official website at www.FLWineFest.com. In the world of social media, you can also visit the official Facebook page of the Finger Lakes Wine Festival, www.FLWineFest.com, or follow Watkins Glen International on Twitter, @WGI.
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International boasts first-class fan experience during Sahlen’s Six Hours
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy to kick off with Togas, Wine, and Fireworks
- Military Appreciation Day at Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen proudly presented by Kaplan University
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International