Join The Glen for The Party
Watch the Daytona 500 from Our Legendary Road Course
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International invites fans to watch The Great American Race – The Daytona 500 in the Media Center on February 26. The green flag flies at 1 p.m. and doors open at noon to a party that includes the opportunity to win prizes throughout the race.
Admission at the door is $10 for adults and $5 for children six to 10 years of age. All kids five and under are free. Buffet-style food service at no additional cost with discount beverages available for purchase makes this a family-friendly and affordable means of watching the marquee event of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Fans will be able to follow all of the action in the behind the scene accommodations of the state of the art WGI Media Center.
There will be a 50/50 Cash Raffle to benefit the NASCAR Foundation while admission does include the opportunity to win a variety of prizes just by being there. The Shop will have select merchandise available for purchase as well as tickets for the 2012 season.
Tickets for the 2012 race season at Watkins Glen International are on sale now! Fans may purchase their tickets and camping by calling the WGI ticket office at 866.461.RACE (7223) or by logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates, daily Thunder Road Tours and track merchandise may be purchased at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. The Shop is open Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and is closed on Sunday. Keep up with the latest happenings at The Glen by visiting the official Facebook page, www.Facebook.com/watkinsgleninternational, and following WGI on Twitter, @WGI.
|Date:||Sunday, February 26
|Where:|| Media Center
Watkins Glen International
|Time:||Noon - Checkered Flag
|Children (6-10 yrs.) $5
|Children (under 5) FREE
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival