Reserved Camping for NASCAR Weekend at The Glen is Sold Out
Expanded Family Camping still available for August
Expanded Family Camping is still available for NASCAR Weekend at The Glen August 9-12.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Fans of Watkins Glen International find that camping at the premier road course is an indescribable experience and as a result it is always in demand. For the past few years the popularity of spending NASCAR Weekend at The Glen on track has been evident as the GEICO Caveman reserved campground routinely sells out early in the year. As of Tuesday, fans seeking a GEICO Caveman reserved camping spot need to expand their search to other locations as it is SOLD OUT.
With close to 2,000 acres of land, The Glen offers a variety of camping options throughout race weekends, including the GEICO Caveman Unreserved Campground located along The Boot through Gate 7 and along the backstretch in Gate 1. Space is still available in both Gate 1 and Gate 7 areas.
Tickets and camping for the 2012 race season at Watkins Glen International are on sale now! Fans may purchase their tickets and camping by contacting the WGI ticket office at 866.461.RACE(7223) or by logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates, daily Thunder Road Tours, and merchandise may all be purchased at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. The Shop is open Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and is closed Sunday. Keep up with the latest happenings at The Glen by visiting the official Watkins Glen International Facebook page, www.Facebook.com/watkinsgleninternational, and following WGI on Twitter, @WGI.
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival