Several Capital Improvement Projects at The Glen Move Forward
Outside contractors and WGI staff work toward completion
Morgan Construction, based in Odessa, NY, while E&D Specialty Stands, from North Collins, NY, have laid half of the new foundation for the new grandstand, has placed gravel under the former Red, White and Blue grandstands. In addition, they have continued to finish The 90 seatwork with end ramps and stairs left to install.Watkins Glen International staff has taken point on the remainder of capital improvement projects, including the massive undertaking of a new tire wall completed along the Turn 1 run-off area. The addition of a classroom in the garage is being taken care of by WGI providing drivers and crews a place to meet. WGI has entirely gutted the existing structure and have replaced electric and insulation thus far. Tickets for the 2012 race season at Watkins Glen International are on sale now! Fans can purchase their tickets and camping by contacting the WGI ticket office at 866.461.RACE(7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates, tickets and track merchandise can all be purchased at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. The Shop is open Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and is closed on Sunday. Keep up with the latest happenings at The Glen by visiting the official Watkins Glen International Facebook page, www.Facebook.com/watkinsgleninternational, and following WGI on Twitter, @WGI.
- Visions Hotels named Official Hotels of Finger Lakes Beer Festival at Watkins Glen International
- WGI announces 2016 dates for Sahlen's Six Hours, Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International announces reserved grandstand sell-out of Cheez-It 355
- Logano earns Watkins glen International sweep with Cheez-It 355 victory
- Logano holds off Keselowski to win Zippo 200 at The Glen