The Show Will Go On at The Glen – Rain Or Shine
Rain or Shine - Opening Weekend at The Glen benefiting JDRF is on this weekend!
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International (WGI) will kick off the 2012 season rain or shine this weekend, April 21-22. The two-day event will provide fans with the opportunity to support JDRF, the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research, by taking their personal vehicles along the twists and turns of the legendary road course.
Given the weather forecast for light rain this weekend, The Glen is offering to “sweeten the deal” for fans who endure the potential wet weather. Any fans or car club groups who purchase the three track laps for $25 at Opening Weekend during a period of rain will automatically receive an additional FREE ticket for a “Daily Thunder Road Tour” to be redeemed at any time. Details on Daily Thunder Road Tours can be found here.
"We want everyone to support JDRF," Michael Printup WGI Track President said. "We want our fans to have fun, during Opening Weekend and at The Glen throughout the summer when they come back."
Fans may purchase their tickets and camping by contacting the WGI ticket office at 866.461.RACE (7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates, tickets and track merchandise are available for purchase The Shop is located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. Keep up with the latest happenings at The Glen by visiting the official Watkins Glen International Facebook page, www.Facebook.com/watkinsgleninternational, and following WGI on Twitter, @WGI.
- Watkins Glen International RACE Foundation opens grant request program
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix returns to Watkins Glen International September 8-10, 2017
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival kicks off with Friday night dinner, tasting on Oct. 21
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Jaguar brings nostalgia, thrills to Watkins Glen International
- World Champion Maine-Endwell Little League baseball team named Grand Marshals for INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen