Lake to Lake Ramble Returns to Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen
Includes laps around the 3.4-mile and original 6.6-mile courses
WATKINS GLEN, NY – The Lake to Lake Sports Car Ramble, set for Friday, June 29, is held in conjunction with Watkins Glen International’s Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen (June 29-July 1) weekend. Watkins Glen Promotions organizes the event, the same organization that produces the Grand Prix Festival held in downtown Watkins Glen each September.
The Ramble welcomes up to 90 cars and begins with brunch at The Glen Club followed by three parade laps around the Grand Prix course. Sport and classic cars may travel either the scenic route or spirited route amidst the hills and valleys of New York State’s Finger Lakes Wine Country.
Registration for the event includes a commemorative dash plaque, a tour around the original 6.6-mile road course used from 1948-52 in the Village of Watkins Glen, two weekend general admission tickets for Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen and parking in a special corral at the track. The registration fee is $125 per car.
Lake to Lake Sports Car Ramble participants will enjoy all three series during the event weekend at Watkins Glen International including the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series, the Continental Tire Championship Series and the Sportsman Showcase (B-Spec) Series.
More information on the Ramble, or to register, please visit www.grandprixfestival.com or call 607.535.3003.
Tickets for the 2012 race season at Watkins Glen International are on sale now! Fans may purchase tickets and camping by contacting the WGI ticket office at 866.461.RACE(7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates, tickets and track merchandise may all be purchased at The Shop, located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen, is open seven days a week 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Keep up with the latest happenings at The Glen by visiting the official Watkins Glen International on Facebook and following WGI on Twitter.
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival