Be a Part of The Glen – Volunteer!
Looking for a place to volunteer this summer? Check out The Glen.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International provides the ideal opportunity for groups and organizations to fundraise in 2012. With a unique venue, a variety of events and the desire to help our neighbors, The Glen is in search for groups interested in volunteering during three events held at our historic road course this season. Volunteer groups are needed for Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen (June 29-July 1), Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy (July 14-15) and NASCAR Weekend at The Glen (August 9-12).
Tasks at each event vary and include, but are not limited to, food and beverage service at concession stands throughout the facility, grandstand ushers, parking attendants, retail sales, guest services, security, ground keeping, worker registration and ticketing.
If you are interested in working during an event weekend at The Glen, please send your application to Marianne Shoemaker (email@example.com) or mail it to WGI Guest Services, 2790 County Route 16, Watkins Glen, NY 14891. The volunteer application form may be found here. Guest services training will be provided for each interested group as Fans are First at The Glen.
Tickets for the 2012 season at Watkins Glen International are on sale now! Fans can purchase their tickets and camping by contacting the WGI ticket office at 866.461.RACE(7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates, tickets and track merchandise are available for purchase at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. The Shop is open seven days a week 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Keep up with the latest happenings by visiting the official Watkins Glen International Facebook page and following The Glen on Twitter.
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International boasts first-class fan experience during Sahlen’s Six Hours
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy to kick off with Togas, Wine, and Fireworks
- Military Appreciation Day at Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen proudly presented by Kaplan University
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International