Free Weekend Camping at Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen
Affordable pricing paired with FREE camping make the date irresistible for families
Stay at The Glen for Sahlen's Six Hours June 29-July 1.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – One of the most affordable and family friendly events on the Watkins Glen International schedule is just a bit more accessible. The Glen announced FREE camping is available for Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen, where Kids and Teens 18 and under are already free. Known for its unlimited access this GRAND-AM event weekend is now even more of a not-to-be missed event.
“Value is King in this economy,” Watkins Glen International track president Michael Printup said. “Families look for the ideal staycation and there is no better introduction to the professional world of motorsports than NASCAR’s GRAND-AM Road Racing Series.”
The free camping offer is good for the Gate 1 Camping section, located a short distance from the back straight and west infield tunnel, and features permanent showers and restrooms, street lighting and fresh water spigots. The unreserved camping area will expand this year as fans join the Boy Scouts of America who are in attendance for the annual Pinewood Derby Race of Champions.
Anyone interested in taking advantage of this outstanding opportunity may obtain the Gate 1 camping access upon entering through Gate 2. There is no need to purchase FREE Gate 1 Camping access in advance. Admission for all who camp is required and tickets for the weekend start at just $35 for three days of GRAND-AM Road Racing at The Glen.
Tickets for the 2012 season at Watkins Glen International are on sale now! Fans can purchase their tickets and camping by phone 866.461.RACE (7223) or online at www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates, tickets and track merchandise are available for purchase at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in downtown Watkins Glen. The Shop is open 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter.
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International