Classic and Contemporary Ferraris on Display During the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen
Over a Dozen Ferraris from the Last Four Decades Scheduled to be on Hand
WATKINS GLEN, NY – This weekend fans attending the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series weekend at Watkins Glen International will have plenty to see! In addition to the fine-tuned sports cars that will be featured on-track, a group of thirteen Ferraris dating back to 1974 will be on display for fans.
The highlight of the group will be the ’74 Ferrari Belinetta Boxer that raced at The Glen in 1978 – placing 11th overall. The vintage Ferrari also saw action at Sebring (1975), Lime Rock (1975), LeMans (1977 & 1978), and Daytona (1978).
Ferraris involved in the display span the decades from the 1970’s to the most recent, a 2012 Ferrari 458 Italia. The cars will be on display along the infield fan midway all weekend, near The Pyramid and among other merchandise and concession vendors.
Tickets for the 2012 season at Watkins Glen International are on sale now! Fans may purchase their tickets and camping by contacting the WGI ticket office in person or by phone at 866.461.RACE (7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates, daily Thunder Road Tour passes, event tickets and track merchandise are available for purchase at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in Watkins Glen. The Shop is open 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download The Glen’s free mobile app from iTunes or for your Android mobile device.
- Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel reach promotional agreement
- Sahlen’s renews title sponsorship of IMSA Six Hour event at Watkins Glen International
- Statement from Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup on the passing of Barney Hall
- NASCAR announces start times, broadcasts for Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 at The Glen
- Watkins Glen International announces winner of Finger Lakes Wine Festival artwork contest