Action Packed Continental Tire 150 at The Glen
WATKINS GLEN, NY – The Rum Bum Racing Porsche 997 driven by Matt Plumb and Nick Longhi triumphed in a hard fought race over the CKS Autosport Camaro GS.R of Eric Curren and Lawson Aschenbach in the GS class of the Continental Tire 150 at The Glen. Aschenbach made repeated moves over the final three laps in an effort to challenge Plumb, who had taken the lead on Lap 43 with 45 minutes left in the race. The race saw seven caution periods as racers sliced and diced fiercely through twists and turns of Watkins Glen International.
Taking their second GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge win of the year, Chad Gilsinger and Michael Valiante won the ST class in their HART Honda Civic Si. Pierre Kleinubing took the lead in the season point standings with a second place finish, sharing his i-Moto Mazda Speed 3 with Tom Dyer.
The action continues on Sunday morning with TOTAL Performance Showcase at 9:45 a.m., followed by the 31st Running of the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen at 11 a.m. Gates open at 7 a.m. and tickets are available for purchase now by visiting the WGI Ticket Office on County Route 16. Follow all of the action of Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen (June 29-July 1) by visiting the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Download The Glen’s free mobile app on your Sprint phone from iTunes or for your Android mobile device.
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International boasts first-class fan experience during Sahlen’s Six Hours
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy to kick off with Togas, Wine, and Fireworks
- Military Appreciation Day at Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen proudly presented by Kaplan University
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International