Watkins Glen International and NASCAR Donate Trees to City of Elmira
NASCAR Clean Air Tree Planting Program Aides Tornado Recovery
WGI and NASCAR will aid the City of Elmira in rebuilding following Thursday's tornado.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – As part of NASCAR Green’s largest at-track initiative, the Clean Air Tree Planting Program, Watkins Glen International and NASCAR will donate trees purchased from Stillman’s Greenhouse in Montour Falls to be planted throughout the City of Elmira to aid the area’s recovery from Thursday’s tornado.
“The Glen is thrilled that with the NASCAR Green Clean Air Tree Planting Program we are able to help our neighbors in Elmira,” Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup said.
NASCAR Green’s Clean Air Tree Planting Program will donate 10 trees for each Green Flag that drops during the August 12th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at The Glen race.
The National Weather Service confirmed an EF1 tornado affected the area on the evening of July 26. The program also covers installation and specific planting areas will be designated in the next few weeks as the cleanup continues.
Tickets for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at The Glen (August 9-12) are on sale now! Fans may purchase their tickets and camping by contacting the WGI ticket office at 866.461.RACE (7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates, tickets and track merchandise are available for purchase at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in Watkins Glen. The Shop is open 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download the free mobile app for The Glen at both iTunes and Android market places.
- Watkins Glen International RACE Foundation opens grant request program
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix returns to Watkins Glen International September 8-10, 2017
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival kicks off with Friday night dinner, tasting on Oct. 21
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Jaguar brings nostalgia, thrills to Watkins Glen International
- World Champion Maine-Endwell Little League baseball team named Grand Marshals for INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen