No Surprise! American Idol David Cook is Zippo 200 Grand Marshal
Singer/Songwriter to Perform National Anthem and Give Command to Start Engines
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Platinum selling recording artist and American Idol winner David Cook will perform the National Anthem and give the command to start engines for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen International, Saturday, August 11.
Cook rose to fame after winning the seventh season of American Idol in 2008. Since then, Cook has sold over one million records, tallied two platinum singles and produced two top-20 hits. Cook’s first single, “Light On,” sold over one hundred thousand digital downloads in its first week, topping out at 17th on the Billboard Top 100 chart.
As Grand Marshal for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Zippo 200, Cook will deliver the most famous words in motorsports – the traditional call for drivers to start their engines. Additionally, Cook will perform the American National Anthem during the pre-race ceremony.
Tickets for the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen (August 9-12) weekend are on sale now! Fans may purchase their tickets and camping by contacting the WGI ticket office at 866.461.RACE (7223) or logging on to the official website, www.TheGlen.com. Gift certificates, tickets and track merchandise are available for purchase at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in Watkins Glen. The Shop is open 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download the free mobile app for The Glen at both iTunes and Android market places.
- Watkins Glen International's Shop offering specials over Thanksgiving week, Small Business Saturday
- Bully Hill Vineyards renews sponsorship of Watkins Glen International’s 2016 NASCAR K&N Pro Series race
- Watkins Glen International seeks Fan Ambassadors for 2016 season
- NASCAR, Watkins Glen International reach 5-year sanction agreement; 2016 race weekend announced
- WGI announces 20th anniversary Finger Lakes Wine Festival artwork contest