Watkins Glen International Concession Stands to Feature Local Favorites
Sahlen’s, Yancey’s Fancy and Dinosaur BBQ are on the menu!
Mmmm... Beef on Weck!
WATKINS GLEN, NY – At this weekend’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen, fans may taste a variety of regional food favorites such as Beef on Weck and Sahlen’s Hot Dogs.
Americrown Service Corporation, Watkins Glen International’s catering and concessions, will incorporate local flavor into new concession items to represent the region and satisfy the appetites of hungry race fans.
Beef on Weck, a Western New York staple, will be served with a side of horseradish and served up near the start/finish area as well as in Turn 1. Also from the Buffalo area, Sahlen’s Smoke House Hot Dogs will be available throughout the concession stand locations. There will be a Sahlen’s Dog House, located in the Budweiser Tiki Hut area that will highlight four varieties of Sahlen’s Hot Dogs.
Syracuse, NY will be represent by the world famous Dinosaur BBQ’s Sensuous Slathering Sauce in the BBQ Pork Sandwiches available at multiple locations.
Guests from Canada can visit the vendor row area and sample Canadian favorite – poutine – crispy french fries topped with gravy and cheese curds from Yancey’s Fancy New York’s Artisan Cheese.
Fans are sure to find something for any appetite at any one of Americrown’s 12 concession stands throughout the Watkins Glen International facility. A concessions map is available at http://www.theglen.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2012/Finger-Lakes-355/Maps.aspx
Tickets for the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen on August 9-12 are available by calling 866.461.RACE (7223) or online at www.TheGlen.com. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtags #FLX355, #Zippo200 and #ContiDunn200. Download the free mobile app for The Glen at both iTunes and Android market places. Be sure to catch the Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen live on Sunday, August 12 at Noon ET on ESPN.
- National Anthem performers announced for Cheez-It™ 355 weekend at Watkins Glen International
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen