Carl Edwards Takes Checkered Flag in Zippo 200 at The Glen
Battles Brad Keselowski for the Win
Carl Edwards earns first NASCAR Nationwide Series victory in first Nationwide start of the season at The Glen's Zippo 200.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – In his first NASCAR Nationwide Series appearance of the season, Carl Edwards battled with Brad Keselowski in the closing laps to win today’s Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen International. Edwards held off Keselowski during a two-lap dash on the final restart to take the checkered flag.
Keselowski, who started fourth, led 44 of the 82 laps, but was unable to hold off a late race pass by Edwards. Pole sitter Sam Hornish Jr. finished third, the highest finishing Nationwide Series regular. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Ron Fellows rounded out the top five.
“I can’t say thank you enough to the fans that come out and support this sport,” said Edwards while celebrating his first win of the season in Gatorade Victory Lane at The Glen. “We rode around the infield yesterday around all the campgrounds and everybody was so nice. It seems like everybody is having a really good time out here, so I appreciate that.”
Tickets for the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen on August 9-12 are available by calling 866.461.RACE (7223) or online at www.TheGlen.com. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtags #FLX355, #Zippo200 and #ContiDunn200. Download the free mobile app for The Glen at both iTunes and Android market places. Be sure to catch the Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen live on Sunday, August 12 at Noon ET on ESPN.
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International boasts first-class fan experience during Sahlen’s Six Hours
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy to kick off with Togas, Wine, and Fireworks
- Military Appreciation Day at Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen proudly presented by Kaplan University
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International