Ambrose Takes Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen Checkered Flag
Passes Brad Keselowski on Final Lap to secure second consecutive WGI NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
Marcos Ambrose takes home Corning Museum of Glass trophy in Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – For the fifth year in a row, Marcos Ambrose hosts a trophy in Watkins Glen International’s Gatorade Victory Lane. Entering the final lap of Sunday’s Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen, it appeared as though Kyle Busch had the victory in hand before he lost control of his Toyota Camry in the first turn of the final lap.
Ambrose passed Brad Keselowski late in the final lap, capping off a wild finish to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series’ annual trip to the historic road course.
The victory places Ambrose in elite company with other back-to-back Watkins Glen International winners Tony Stewart (2004-05), Jeff Gordon (1997-99) and Mark Martin (1993-95).
His second career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victory came at the same place that Ambrose has become so accustomed to winning at in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Ambrose’s dominance in the NASCAR Nationwide series spanned from 2008 to 2010. When he moved exclusively to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Race at The Glen last year, his winning streak came with him; securing his first career Sprint Cup Victory in 2011.
- Watkins Glen International event tickets, camping on sale now
- Watkins Glen International seeks Fan Ambassadors for 2017 season
- Watkins Glen International R.A.C.E. Foundation announces $15,000 in grant awards
- Watkins Glen International RACE Foundation opens grant request program
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix returns to Watkins Glen International September 8-10, 2017