Watkins Glen International To Host Blood Drive on Sept. 11
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International fans who are interested are encouraged to give blood while The Glen hosts the American Red Cross on Tuesday, Sept. 11 for “Road to the Rescue.” The Blood Drive will take place in The Glen’s Media Center from Noon to 6:30 p.m.
All Donors will receive a Thunder Road Tour ticket and an American Red Cross t-shirt as a “Thank You” from The American Red Cross and The Glen.
“This is a great way to support our local community and remember the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001,” president Michael Printup said. “We are thrilled to support this outstanding effort by American Red Cross.”
The American Red Cross is in need for blood donations of all types and a single unit of blood can be used to transfuse up to three people. Blood can safely be donated every 56 days. Individuals in good health who are 17 years or older, who weigh at least 110 pounds, are eligible to donate blood. For more information please visit www.RedCrossBlood.org.
Ticket renewal information for the 2013 season will be released soon! Gift certificates, tickets and track merchandise are available for purchase at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in Watkins Glen. The Shop is open 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download the free mobile app for The Glen at both iTunes and Android market places.
- Buffalo Bills' drumline to take part in Cheez-It 355 pre-race festivities
- Watkins Glen International announces full slate of appearances at Budweiser Turn One Tavern
- With facility camping going fast, WGI opens additional sites in new Bronson Hill area
- Keselowski, Patrick, Biffle to appear Sunday, August 9 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Cheez-It 355 weekend complete with live entertainment, autograph sessions