Watkins Glen International To Host Blood Drive on Sept. 11
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International fans who are interested are encouraged to give blood while The Glen hosts the American Red Cross on Tuesday, Sept. 11 for “Road to the Rescue.” The Blood Drive will take place in The Glen’s Media Center from Noon to 6:30 p.m.
All Donors will receive a Thunder Road Tour ticket and an American Red Cross t-shirt as a “Thank You” from The American Red Cross and The Glen.
“This is a great way to support our local community and remember the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001,” president Michael Printup said. “We are thrilled to support this outstanding effort by American Red Cross.”
The American Red Cross is in need for blood donations of all types and a single unit of blood can be used to transfuse up to three people. Blood can safely be donated every 56 days. Individuals in good health who are 17 years or older, who weigh at least 110 pounds, are eligible to donate blood. For more information please visit www.RedCrossBlood.org.
Ticket renewal information for the 2013 season will be released soon! Gift certificates, tickets and track merchandise are available for purchase at The Shop located at 2 North Franklin Street in Watkins Glen. The Shop is open 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download the free mobile app for The Glen at both iTunes and Android market places.
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival