Andrew Smith Joins Watkins Glen International Staff
Smith appointed Director of Marketing and Promotions effective immediately
Smith was a member of the Talladega staff for a total of five and half years, serving as the public relations manager prior to his promotion in 2010.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Andrew Smith has been hired as Watkins Glen International Director of Marketing and Promotions effective immediately. Smith will manage the marketing and public relations team at The Glen. He joins WGI from Talladega Superspeedway where he was most recently the senior manager of public and community relations.
“Andrew Smith brings a wealth of experience from our sister tracks, Talladega Superspeedway and Richmond International Raceway,” Michael Printup, president said. “He will be a tremendous asset to our team and I am excited to have Andrew on board for the 2013 season.”
Smith was a member of the Talladega staff for a total of five and half years, serving as the public relations manager prior to his promotion in 2010. He previously served as a corporate sales executive at Richmond International Raceway.
“I am excited to be a part of Watkins Glen International and the new opportunities this role will bring,” Smith said. “
A 2005 graduate of University of Alabama at Birmingham, Smith spent his senior year as an intern at Talladega before beginning his professional career as a marketing specialist for America’s First Federal Credit Union, a sponsor of Talladega Superspeedway.
Tickets for Watkins Glen International’s season are on sale and available at www.TheGlen.com and by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, tickets, track merchandise and Thunder Road Tours are available at The Shop. The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street, is open Monday-Friday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Keep up with The Glen on Facebook and Twitter. Download The Glen’s free mobile app from App Store or Google Play.
- Wallace, Edwards, Biffle set to appear August 6 & 7 in The Bog at Watkins Glen International
- Watkins Glen International partners donate Cheez-It™ 355, Zippo 200 tickets to soldiers, families
- Friendly Ford and Friendly Dodge Chrysler, Jeep partner with Watkins Glen International for Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Barbosa and Fittipaldi sail to victory, headlining Action Express 1-2 finish in Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen
- Cassels, Hindman grab thrilling Continental 150 win at Watkins Glen International