NASCAR Announces New Sprint Cup Road-Course Qualifying
Procedures enhance Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen August 8-11 weekend
Juan Pablo Montoya captured the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series pole at WGI in 2012 with a 127.020 mph lap.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International fans will see the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series new group-based road course qualifying procedures for the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen (August 8-11). Cars will qualify in groups, rather than the single-car qualifying runs, as has been the road course qualifying procedure in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
“The new format of qualifying at Watkins Glen International enhances the fan experience which is our top priority,” Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup said. “Qualifying on Saturday for our Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen is even more of a must-see aspect of a weekend of high-quality racing.”
Qualifying for the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen is scheduled for 11:40 a.m. Saturday August 10 before the NASCAR Nationwide Series Zippo 200 at 2 p.m.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for all 2013 events at The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Climate-controlled tents, full slate of entertainment headline 20th anniversary of Finger Lakes Wine Festival
- Watkins Glen International boasts first-class fan experience during Sahlen’s Six Hours
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy to kick off with Togas, Wine, and Fireworks
- Military Appreciation Day at Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen proudly presented by Kaplan University
- Jaguar to sponsor U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen International