NASCAR Announces New Sprint Cup Road-Course Qualifying
Procedures enhance Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen August 8-11 weekend
Juan Pablo Montoya captured the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series pole at WGI in 2012 with a 127.020 mph lap.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International fans will see the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series new group-based road course qualifying procedures for the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen (August 8-11). Cars will qualify in groups, rather than the single-car qualifying runs, as has been the road course qualifying procedure in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
“The new format of qualifying at Watkins Glen International enhances the fan experience which is our top priority,” Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup said. “Qualifying on Saturday for our Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen is even more of a must-see aspect of a weekend of high-quality racing.”
Qualifying for the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen is scheduled for 11:40 a.m. Saturday August 10 before the NASCAR Nationwide Series Zippo 200 at 2 p.m.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for all 2013 events at The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Watkins Glen International RACE Foundation opens grant request program
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix returns to Watkins Glen International September 8-10, 2017
- Finger Lakes Beer Festival kicks off with Friday night dinner, tasting on Oct. 21
- U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Jaguar brings nostalgia, thrills to Watkins Glen International
- World Champion Maine-Endwell Little League baseball team named Grand Marshals for INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen