NASCAR Announces New Sprint Cup Road-Course Qualifying
Procedures enhance Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen August 8-11 weekend
Juan Pablo Montoya captured the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series pole at WGI in 2012 with a 127.020 mph lap.
WATKINS GLEN, NY – Watkins Glen International fans will see the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series new group-based road course qualifying procedures for the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen (August 8-11). Cars will qualify in groups, rather than the single-car qualifying runs, as has been the road course qualifying procedure in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
“The new format of qualifying at Watkins Glen International enhances the fan experience which is our top priority,” Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup said. “Qualifying on Saturday for our Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen is even more of a must-see aspect of a weekend of high-quality racing.”
Qualifying for the Cheez-It™ 355 at The Glen is scheduled for 11:40 a.m. Saturday August 10 before the NASCAR Nationwide Series Zippo 200 at 2 p.m.
Located in the Finger Lake Region of New York, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in the United States. Tickets for all 2013 events at The Glen are available now by calling 866.461.RACE. Gift certificates, licensed merchandise, Thunder Road Tours and tickets are available for purchase at The Shop, located in downtown Watkins Glen at 2 North Franklin Street and online at www.TheGlen.com. The Shop is open Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Pre-race access pass puts fans at center of the action for Cheez-It 355 at The Glen
- NARRA Sportscar Challenge at The Glen set to feature Trans-Am Championship Classic Tube 100
- Watkins Glen International adds on-site Weather Underground station
- Kyle Busch’s Championship-winning Toyota Camry show car on display at Destiny USA
- Watkins Glen International enlists Varsha, Lally, Bell to help unveil new surface